Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy 8 Monthday Bug!

And he got a tooth as a Monthday present! After we dropped Sule off at work this morning Judah was a little fussy in the backseat, so I reached back and he was holding my hand. He put my finger in his mouth and bit it, and there was something really sharp in there. So as soon as we got home I checked, and sure enough there is something sprouting! I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast. He's well on his way to walking, drank water out of a straw yesterday (!), and now has a tooth. I remember being excited because he finally opened his eyes. It's so bittersweet!

After thinking really hard about going part time and having a long discussion with Sule weighing all the pros and cons, we've decided that is definitely the best course of action. The good thing is that my school is very lax about letting you go back and forth between the fulltime and parttime programs, so if things ever change in the future I can always go fulltime. We've also decided its in everybody's best interest that I get a job. So not only will I be working fulltime, I'll also be going to law school in the evenings. I'm having panic attacks about it (mostly about never seeing my Bean), but Su assures me that it's no different from him working his odd hours and Judah is still totally in love with Daddy. I talked over working fulltime with some classmates yesterday and they are all confident that we can do it. So at least I've got that. I'm trying to find out if they have some sort of organization or group for parttimers who work. Again, though, I'm very blessed to have a great support system. My dad wasn't keen on me working and going parttime, but once I explained that daycare costs are just not feasible on one income he understood, although I think he's contemplating keeping Judah himself during the day so that I can go fulltime! lol. They are already gaga for each other as it is. So I'm on a job hunt. Which sucks. And I can't help thinking that if we'd decided this before I could have been working this whole time!

1 comment: