Monday, May 18, 2009

I am quite possibly missing a couple marbles...

After many long years of hoping, dreaming, and dragging my feet I'm finally going to be a law student! This past year has been hectic and plenty stressful but also extremely rewarding. Our son was born on October 10, 2008, and having him here has made this move to law school that much more urgent. After being accepted to all 5 of my schools (!), I've finally decided on a winner -- one that doesn't require us moving and will allow us to be close to my parents. I'm eager to get it over with so that we can get on with our lives!!

Right now, though, I'm questioning my sanity. I start an evening preparatory course next week, it's 6:30am and I've been up for almost 2 hours with my early-wakey baby, and to make matters worse we have shots today. Sadface. I'm seriously panicking over books, student ID cards, transcripts, parking passes, teething, daycare, not sleeping through the night, and the list goes on and on. Because I'm OCD about both school and my son (yeah, I'm the mom that sent her baby to Grandma's with his outfits carefully chosen and placed into individual Ziploc bags), I'm busy making lists and schedules that I'm sure I'll never use, just to feel like I'm being proactive and staying on top of the situation. I read a suggestion on my school's website that you take one day off on the weekend to just relax. So I'm going to take that suggestion and keep Saturday as family day. I figure I don't have class on Fridays so I can study then, and by Sunday I'll need to study in preparation for Monday. Also, I'm thinking that I can stay home during the week until Baby J goes to bed at 8, then leave to go to the library after. This way, I tell myself, I will still be there when he wakes up and goes to bed. I'm hoping that for the most part he won't realize I'm gone. I know what they say about "the best laid plans" so I have no disallusions about all these schedules going straight out the window, but at this point I'm just trying to be optimistic. I'm hoping against hope that I have what it takes to keep all these balls in the air. I'm going to need a very patient husband for the next three years!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I was exhausted just reading this. More power to you girlie. If anyone can do it you can.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete