Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Day Down

So my first day of law school is over and I feel much, much better now. It was only a Meet and Greet, not actual class, but I am confident now and ready to go. I think I just needed to get that first day under my belt so that I wasn't filled with angst and anxiety. The Dean of the Law School, some professors, and former LCOP students spoke to us and tried to reassure us that while a legal education is a daunting and rigorous process, it is also extremely rewarding. It was hard not to notice, though, that every speaker reiterated the rigorous part. lol.

I had my first reading assignment last night, and I've probably read the 3 pages at least 50 times, as well as answered all the questions to the best of my ability. Those 3 pages of Property case law raised more issues in my mind than I can count and brought on a pretty big headache, but I also found it so interesting! Clearly this is right up my alley. Sule was bored silly by all the talk of trover, replevin, prior possessors and true owners, but he dutifully half-listened while I tried to make sense of it all. I promised him that I would listen to his History and Museum Studies stuff when the time comes (YAWN).

Today is the first day of class and I just want to make sure I'm prepared when I get there. I think I have a pretty good handle on what the readings were all about and I just want to stay on top of it and not get behind. I'll keep you guys posted as to whether I make a fool out of myself in class later or not. Stay tuned. :-)

1 comment: